As an engaged and committed candidate for the AIBA Presidential election, Suleyman Mikayilov has built a campaign team that combines Azerbaijani and international expertise.
Naghi Safarov, also Secretary General of the Azerbaijani Boxing Federation, who has a deep knowledge of AIBA, boxing, and international sport.
PR and Administration Team
As part of the Baku team, Ayan Aghayeva, an international expert who worked for the European Games in 2015, Youth Olympics 2018, and is currently part of the Baku Formula 1 Grand Prix, heads up a strong PR and Marketing division. The team includes UK-based Acosta Sport Consulting, Maxwell Sports Communications and E3 Communications from the USA. Nuray Hajiyeva is another vital part of the team. She has a wealth of experience working in international media relations and social media management for properties including Formula 1, Chess Olympiads, and the European Games in 2015. Pirim Pirimov who has experience in media operations with major multi-sports events in Azerbaijan and the Middle East.
Global Sports Investigation (GSI)
GSI, with Senior Advisor Richard Caborn, the former UK Minister of Sport, are supporting Mr. Mikayilov’s candidacy and advising on his plans to secure deep and lasting reform for AIBA governance and integrity structures. The GSI team, which combines representatives from The Sport Consultancy and Quest, includes:
- Sir Mark Rowley (Director, Quest and former Lead on Counter-Terrorism and Deputy Police Commissioner, Metropolitan Police)
- Martin Smith (CEO, Quest)
- Gordon Briggs, QPM (Senior Investigator, Quest)
- Eddie Marshbaum (Director of Sports Integrity, Quest)
- Robert Datnow (Co-Founder and Managing Director, The Sports Consultancy)
- David Becker (Consultant Partner, The Sports Consultancy Legal)